You are here
Dock Jumping Seminar
April 27, 2019, 1:00pm - 4:00pm
The PAW Pet Resort – Mankato, MN
Only 10 registrants permitted/ $100.00/dog
Call to register: 507-625-7070
A Half Day Dog Training experience that will help you and your dog be the Best Dock Jumping Team you can Be. Learn from one of the most successful Competitors, Trainers, and Innovators in the Sport.
Overall Dock Jumping performance is based on Desire, Confidence, and Trust.
- a Strong Desire to get the Toy.
- a Confidence that the dog will GET that Toy
- a Trust that the dog can go after the Toy without Inhibitions, Doubt, or Fear.
At this Seminar we will learn how to Improve Overall Dock Jumping performance by teaching how to build that Desire, Confidence, and Trust using Dry Land Techniques and progressing to the Dock.
We will spend 1 1/2 hrs in the Training Room where we will teach Toy Drive techniques as well as Proper Handling Techniques for Distance Jumping and Vertical Jumping. We will take what we learned in the Training Room to the Dock and spend and 1 1/2 hrs on the dock working what you have learned.
Tom Dropik believes in building a foundation based on conditioning, attention and obedience training and then building skills in each discipline as the handler team grows in experience and expertise. There will be lots of tips and insights but this is a comprehensive, individualized program not a quick fix. The program is designed to take you from where you are to your team’s optimal performance across all disciplines.
The program is scheduled to start at 1:00 pm on Saturday March 23. We will go through the afternoon that day finishing around 4:00 pm.
Tom Dropik’s 18 years of Dock Jumping experience has taken him all over North America where he’s worked with teams at all levels of experience. It’s this experience and ability to interact with dogs that has given him the ability to teach teams to understand what it takes to be the best they can be.
In addition to being in the DockDogs Hall of Fame Tom’s achievements are:
• 5 time ESPN Great Outdoors Competitor • 13 Time World Championships Competitor
• 5 time Sonic Speed Retrieve World Champion • Innovator in the development of Vertical Jumping
• Former Sonic World Record Holder at 4.442 • Innovator in development of the Chase Method
• 2013 Iron Dog Best of Best Champion • Competing in water sports since 2001